Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hakone in Autumn

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hello Sandwiches, I took a little day trip to Hakone and visited the open air museum on Sunday. Oooo Hakone is so beautiful, especially in autumn. If you have the chance I can highly recommend visiting. It's well worth the short two hour Odakyu line Romance car train ride from Shinjuku. Another weekend highlight was making my very first imovie. ha ha.



If you're in need of a bit of a screen break / work break / procrastination please have a little peek at the Hello Sandwich Hakone video. It's about 4:30 minutes long and has some lovely music from Make it Easy blog.

Photobucket

P.S. How cute is this font I spied at the open air museum (Gem!)

xoxo

16 comments:

  1. So cool! We tried to plan a trip to Hakone on our first Japan journey, but there was just too much to do in two weeks we had to cut it! Next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely video! It is my dream to go to Japan one day, because in my mind nearly everything Japanese is great. This has allowed me to have a little taster and I've really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second photo is so beautiful !!

    Fanny
    http://fannyhillphotographer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. how very dreamy and relaxing...my 3 year old daughter insisted on watching it again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dreamy ,so relaxing music, gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My! Hakone Open Air Museum is the best,

    ReplyDelete
  7. The empty train station looks so cute and magical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! I was in need of a work break and the video was really inspiring! I think I will go to Hakone this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for that visual feast . You must have been so happy at the end of the day to have had such a beautiful moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautifullll! one day, i will go to japan. one day! love all the music, the one playing at aron's blog as well as the one you put on before that song - such a nice soothing sound!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just look at the colors.... warm and fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That video was lovely! I already watched it twice and it brought back so many memories of riding that train and losing my breath over those beautiful trees. You inspired me to repost some of my own photos from Hakone: http://urbanresearch.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/autumn-in-japan/

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. the open air museum is one of my favourite, favourite, favourite places in japan...

    please be sure to go back in summer too; hydrangeas line the train line, so close that they brush inside the train's windows as you go by; truly spectacular, and one of my sweetest memories of the wonderful japan...

    ReplyDelete