Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kawaii Chika-san's Incredible Studio!

Photobucket

Oh My Goodness today was so inspiring!

My friend Shimizu-chan and I went to Asakusabashi to visit Higashi Chika-san's amazing shop and gallery Le Lieu but we when we arrived Chika-san asked 'Hello Sandwich-san desu ne?' and she gave us a beautiful tour of her studio!!! It's a four storey converted studio building which she shares with her super cute five-year-old daughter and two other creators. At the very top of the spiral staircase is this amazing space which I am so excited to share with you today! I hope you will enjoy this studio tour!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chika-san makes these beautiful umbrellas (and parasols) and stunning scarves (below).
You can also see more on Chika-san's website Coci la elle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chika-san's adorable daughter and the gallery shopfront.

Photobucket

Sometimes I find myself in situations like this where I have to pinch myself to believe that I-am-in-an-amazing-studio-in-Tokyo-and-they-are-speaking-to-me-in-Japanese-and-I-want-to-live-here-forever!

The moral to this story is that you really won't want to miss a trip to this gallery and shop if you're in Tokyo! Of course this will be in the new Hello Sandwich Tokyo Guide PDF coming soon!

Thank you so much Chika-san for such a delightful day! You're such a cutie!

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo

22 comments:

  1. that studio is amazingggg!
    i absolutely love the scarves and umbrellas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring, beautiful, wonderful place to work. Wow, just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwwww, she really has an amazing space!
    and i LOVE all the umbrellas and scarfs, want them all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that I get to visit someday, the place looks amazing! And so photogenic, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful space. Love the drawers. And her work is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww cute!! she looks a nice lady, and I love the bookcase ^^^
    I want to buy or what ever your guide, maybe someday I will travel to Japan

    ReplyDelete
  7. amaaazing!! sugoi!! <3
    really enjoyed this studio tour & very much inspired! thank you for sharing & looking forward to your next tokyo guide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAAAaaa! You have hand cream 'made in Poland'. I'm from Poland :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want a studio like hers. I just love how Japanese people can organize many things in a little space. And that comfy chair is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her studio looks so inviting and cozy. Love the space. And would love to have some of her scarves or an umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute and warmy places! Her work is sooo pretty! Want some umbrella :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's s great to see a studio that is actually used. Not just a picture perfect one. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my.... such an incredible space!!!

    ReplyDelete