Monday, April 13, 2015

ハロー花やしき!Hello Hanayashiki Nagoya exhibition!

 photo IMG_3950_zpsgbedlfzu.jpg


You guys! Helloooooooo!

I'm just back from Nagoya where I installed my 'Hello Hanayashiki' solo show and hosted a workshop. Two of my best friends came down to Nagoya with me which was such a special treat!

Here are some pics from the last few days.


 photo FullSizeRender_zpsjadprbnv.jpg

On reading cuties!

 photo IMG_3975_zpsvxpyejvo.jpg

Yoshitaka-san putting the final touches on the installation.

 photo DSCF8423_zpsgqueac7s.jpg

 photo DSCF8436_zpsldxxdtfg.jpg

Takenoko.

 photo DSCF8396low_zpsod0kxinp.jpg

 photo DSCF8441low_zpsvwusrinz.jpg



 photo IMG_3897_zpssdmphayq.jpg

We also displayed some of my Hanayashiki photos in the bookshop space, too.

 photo DSCF8381_zpsqfrcfya4.jpg

 photo IMG_4165_zpsbzehmcnc.jpg

On reading is in the cutest building. I wish I could live there. This door - I die!

 photo DSCF8353_zpsvul8xpfx.jpg

I hosted two collage workshops in the gallery on Saturday. I haven't had so much fun at a workshop for a longggggg time. It was basically a 'crafternoon' with cute new friends. We chatted away, drank tea, showed each other our work on instagram, talked about our favourite artists. One of the workshop participants told me her uni lecturer was SUGITO HIROSHI! My all time favourite artist! I couldn't believe it. In a very un-Japanese / very Australian humor fashion (or is it just me?) I tried to get her set me up with him ha ha.

 photo DSCF8287_zpsjjkmgicn.jpg

 photo DSCF8320_zpsl4by12pj.jpg

 photo DSCF8322_zpselgysurk.jpg

 photo DSCF8359_zpsa3gaaerp.jpg

Cuties reading my Japanese craft book.

 photo DSCF8367low_zpshwoigmdg.jpg

So. Much. Cuteness.

 photo DSCF8369low_zpslirxehpy.jpg

The way things looked after the workshop.

 photo DSCF8385low_zpsedy4q2x9.jpg

These craft kits are on sale at the gallery for ¥1000. I think it might be possible to order them through the gallery if you would like one!

 photo DSCF8361low_zps7yrkg9ip.jpg

On reading is the place to be on the weekends in Nagoya!


There are so many great memories from the Nagoya trip that I want to share with you over the next little while. Hotel room shenanigans. Riding suitcases in empty underground shopping malls. BBQ's at Lullatones house! I DIE! Trips to the zoo with Lullatone. Dinners at friends-of-friends cafes...

Can't wait to share it all with you!

In the time being, if you're in Nagoya, please pop by On Reading to check out the beautiful books, and my little show which is up until 20th April.

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment